Next to Conisbrough viaduct lays Cadeby Tunnel. The eastern portal comes out in a quarry and the portal itself was grade II listed on the 26th of November 1987 (and is pretty) and the western portal has ankle high sludge and water (to be expected as it is down a slope to get in). Both have a few tyres and shoes and stuff thrown in for good measure.
Dead Man’s Cave when the site was excavated in 1967 by George Gwynne-Griffiths was found to have Ice Age deposits, indicating that the cave was used for shelter, or as a temporary hunting camp by early man after the ice retreated.
Chapeltown Central Railway Station opened in 1854, with the current building dating from 1877, and now lies secluded by woodland off Station Road – about half a mile north of where Chapeltown railway station stands today. The building has been converted into a private three-bedroom home but photos show it still has several original features, including the booking office window and a waiting bench.