St John’s Mental Asylum in Lincolnshire, in the East of England, was built 1852. The building was then known as Lindsey & Holland Counties & Lincoln & District Lunatic Asylum.
St. Andrews Asylum is also known as the Norfolk Lunatic Asylum Annexe. It’s a vast complex arrangement of traditional H shaped buildings all linked with a straight trunk corridor. Its rumoured that St. Andrews is only one of two original asylums that has a curved corridor. The main Norfolk County Asylum has now been refurbished into luxury housing; what remains is the old red bricked building and the mortuary which is set away from the main building.
Firth Brown is a former medical centre would have been used to treat injured workers and although not quite underground its buried behind a large wall with a small access space and under a car-park; its sadly now in a serious state of decay, however still worthy of a visit.