St John’s Mental Asylum in Lincolnshire, in the East of England, was built 1852. The building was then known as Lindsey & Holland Counties & Lincoln & District Lunatic Asylum.
St. Andrews Asylum is also known as the Norfolk Lunatic Asylum Annexe. It’s a vast complex arrangement of traditional H shaped buildings all linked with a straight trunk corridor. Its rumoured that St. Andrews is only one of two original asylums that has a curved corridor. The main Norfolk County Asylum has now been refurbished into luxury housing; what remains is the old red bricked building and the mortuary which is set away from the main building.